The outline of this document:
- What information we collect
- Who we share your information with
- How long we keep your information
- How we keep your information secure
- Controlling your information
1. What information we collect
We may collect your data when:
- you make a purchase through our site
- you set up an account with us
- you sign up for our newsletter
- you contact our customer service
This data includes name/contact details, shipping information, details involving your purchase (date of item sale etc.) and complaints/questions you raise with our team. Please not that we do not have access to your payment and card details as these are held by the payment service providers (PayPal, ApplePay etc.)
Our website providers collect data on the devise platform used, browser type, operating system and number of visits. This information is purely used for analytical reasons, so we can ensure that our customers receive the best experience.
2. Who we share your information with
Payment gateways and providers
This is in order to process your payment for your purchases. Each provider has their own privacy policies, which we advise that you read before using them to make any purchases through our website. Visit:
We use Squarespace Analytics to help us learn about what devises, browsers and operating systems our customers prefer, and also what pages are most commonly visited. This allows us to perfect our customer experience and ensure that we are providing what our audience requires.
In very rare cases we may need to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
3. How long we keep your information for
We will keep data only for as long as it is relevant and useful for which it was originally collected. If you have an account on Lewes Road then your information will be saved. We may also be required to keep information by law or in order to defend or bring any legal action.
4. How we keep your information secure
At Lewes Road we follow industry best practices and security measures to ensure the protection of your personal information is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. We’ve implemented several security measures, including Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology (see the 'lock' icon in your browser). However, the Internet is an open system and Lewes Road cannot guarantee that the personal information you submit will not be intercepted by others.
It is important to keep your account log in details safe and secure.
We may use ‘cookies’ on our website that act as an identification card for your computer. When you visit the Lewes Road website, unique cookies may be placed to distinguish your browser from all other browsers that visit our sites. By recognising your browser, we can serve you better.
Most browsers give you the choice to accept or reject cookies by modifying your browser preferences. Please note that if you choose to reject all cookies, certain parts of this site may not be available to you or may not function properly.
6. Controlling your information
- a right to see any information we have of yours
- a right to have any wrong or incomplete information corrected
- (in certain circumstances) a right to have your personal information deleted
- a right to ask us to stop providing you information on our services.
For more information, please contact us.